Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Frog Buttress

It isn't Frog Buttress climbing season quite yet, but we decided to head down very early in the morning to make the most of the day before the sun made it too hot to climb.

I went with two guys who between them have about 80 years of climbing experience, and have even been the first ascentionists on some of the climbs there back in the late 70's / early 80's.

Needless to say they blew me about of the water when it came to the climbs, but I was happy to sweat, curse and struggle up the crack climbing classics while they patiently waited for me to finish.

It was a hot and humid day, and by lunch the sun was beating down on the rock so we called it a day. Crack climbing is not my forte, but the abundance of classic climbs down this way are a reason to work on my jamming technique and get better.

It isn't a style you can learn in the gym, guess I'll have to keep coming down...

More photos here