Sunday, July 22, 2018

Farewell Sydney

After one hundred and twenty four weeks my six week Sydney secondment had finally come to an end. It didn't take long for me to pack two years of my life into my car, I said goodbye to the worlds smallest car park and battled the traffic one last time out of the city.

I had made the drive a few times before, heading inland along the New England Highway to miss the worst of the traffic and construction. The country roads passed uneventfully, I made it all the way to the Queensland border before stopping for the night.



The temperatures were in the single digits not long after dark, I found a camp site in Wallangarra and quickly put up my tent. I wrapped myself in down and kept nice and warm while the cold set in. It reached a low of -5 degrees overnight, but I was well prepared for the cold..



I woke early, shook the frost from my tent, wiped the ice off my windscreen and began the final leg of my journey home. The day warmed with the rising of the sun, and I was treated to a gorgeous winters day in south east Queensland. It was good to be home...

More photos here