Sunday, July 3, 2016

Bluebell Crag

While I'm definitely not sick of the Blue Mountains it was nice to climb somewhere a bit closer to my temporary home, not to mention a bit warmer.


I drove out to Heathcote to visit Bluebell crag, the sun was out making for a glorious winter's day. We parked at the end of a suburban cul-de-sac and walked around the back of the some houses and down a short easy gully to the rock face.


The routes were only short, but there was enough to keep us busy for the day. Another couple came down to top-rope a hard project, they offered me a shot and I gladly jumped on it. It was great to try something harder, and after a few goes at the crux I made it to the top which felt pretty great. I then attempted the 'best grade 21 in Sydney' which I didn't really enjoy, but made it to the top eventually.


All in all a fun day! A few more photos here