Saturday, July 7, 2012

Sucre, Bolivia

My days in Sucre are coming to an end after 18 days, by far the longest I have stayed in one place. I have finished 70 hours of Spanish lessons, a lot to take in but definitely worth the effort although I am a little burnt out at the moment and definitely feel the need to get back on the road.

A small, sun drenched town with more churches than seems necessary, Sucre is very relaxed town and the sedate atmosphere made it a great place to study. At 2,700m above sea level the morning and nights were cold but during the day it was gloriously warm in the sun.

In between Spanish lessons, reading in the sun and drinking fresh fruit smoothies from the markets (and a few bouts of food poisoning, not related) I didn`t do a whole lot else. Just what I needed after a week of hectic travel but now it is time to continue my travels and put my Spanish to the test.

More photos here