Saturday, April 30, 2016

Wentworth Falls

Feeling the urge to get out of the house I returned to the Blue Mountains for some fresh air and exercise, stopping off at Wentworth Falls. Apart from some steep stairs descending to the first base of the fall it was a pretty easy hike in a gorgeous location.



Once at the first bottom of the falls I started along the National Pass trail. After spotting some metal ladders leading even further down the mountain I took the detour to the very base of the waterfall, then continued along the Wentworth Pass. The eventually joined back up to the National Pass, so I backtracked along the trail carved into the side of the mountain and returned to the falls.




It was getting dark so I drove to the Three Sisters lookout to catch the last sun of the day. The temperature sank along with the sun so I drove a short distance to Leura to catch up with Byron and Cherry for some tacos, beer and a chance to climb in the Blue Mountains the next day.

More photos here