Sunday, June 17, 2012

Foz do Iguacu, Brazil

I survived the 25 hour bus journey from Rio de Janeiro and made it to Foz do Iguacu at midday. I checked into my hostel and lost no time heading to the world famous Iguacu Falls. I stepped off the bus and came out onto the first lookout point.

The first thought in my head was..... Is that it? It was big, but I was expecting more.

I continued around to the next vantage point and.... I was stunned!

The forest at the first viewpoint obscured the majority of the falls, now, seeing the rest stretch out around me I was taken aback! Just incredible! The further around the track I walked the more impressive it became, succeeding my expectations every step of the way. It truly is an absolutely incredible sight.

Taking the steel walkway out towards ´The Devils Throat´, feeling the spray and hearing the thunderous roar of the falls is a feeling I won´t forget. In the few hours I was there I walked the tracks several times and watched the sun set over what is definitely a trip highlight. It was a tiring day but worth every minute.

Spectacular.

Tomorrow I venture to the Argentinian side.

More photos here