Sunday, June 17, 2012

Puerto Iguazu, Argentina

I awoke before dawn (been a while since that has occurred) and crossed the border into Argentina. While the Brazilian side gives you an overview of the falls, the Argentinian side allows you to get much closer.

I arrived to the park and made my way straight out to ´The Devils Throat´. It involved catching a small train to a steel walkway that ran a couple of hundred metres out over the swollen river, until it finished at a small platform looking straight down into the abyss.

If I was blown away yesterday then I don´t know the words to describe the feeling of being out there, so close to the thunder of the falls. It is staggering....

After returning to the main park I walked the upper and lower trails, winding my way along the falls, in awe of the amount of water that flows through the Iguazu river.

I missed the last train out to ´The Devils Throat´ so I missed the sunset on the Argentinian side. Not a problem, I was well and truly satisfied spending the day at such an amazing place.

Definitely a world wonder, not to be missed....

More photos here