Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Lima, Peru

Back on the coast and down to sea level after 2 months at altitude, and nothing but overcast skies. I'm staying in the upper class neighbourhood of Miraflores, walking around it feels like I could be back in Australia. Lots of parks, manicured lawns, leafy streets and western shops. The local supermarket even sells an assortment of domestic Australian beers; VB, Fosters, Crown Lager and Carlton Cold. I could even buy Tim Tams if I needed!

I spent a few days in Lima relaxing and wandering the streets after a hectic few weeks in Boliva and Peru, the nights aren't as cold now that I'm (temporarily) not at altitude but the lack of sunshine and clear skies will take some getting used to.

Fingers crossed the skies clear as I head further north so I can spend some quality time on one of the many Peruvian beaches.

More photos here