Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Lake Como

As luck would have it I had some friends from Australia who were staying a little ways north of Milan, around the Lake Como region. I took a train through some increasingly pretty countryside to the town of Verrana, before catching a ferry across Lake Como to the small town on Bellagio.






A playground of the rich and famous, expensive cars, stunning villas and high end restaurants were common place.

I can see why it is so popular, stunning mountains rise directly up from the shores of the deep and crystal clear lake. Every direction was gorgeous, picturesque would be an understatement!




From my friends BnB, we went for short walks, a refreshing swim, had a drink on the shores of the lake, and generally had a great time relaxing around town. We stocked up on tasty local produce (the peaches were maybe the best I've ever eaten) before cooking up a typically Delicious Italian meal of tomatoes, olives, herbs and gnocchi / pasta for dinner.





I caught the last ferry back to Verrana, and a train back to Milan. Seeing those mountain ranges unearthed the urge to climb and hike, I'm sure I'll be back one day to get my hands on the alps and see more of this amazing part of the world.

More photos here