Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Milan

From Gatwick to Bergamo, then a bus to Milan, I arrived late at night so had a couple of beers in the Hostel bar before calling it a night.

It was overcast when I awoke, after breakfast I headed straight to the Duomo square to visit the incredible Milan Cathedral.






Several staircases took me to the terrace roof with a great view of the city surrounds, then back down to walk around the stunning cathedral. Gigantic stained glass windows, enormous columns, the place was breathtaking!





The rest of the day was spend walking the streets (as I usually do). Milan has some very pretty areas, but also quite a few that aren't. It's probably unkind to try to compare it to Paris (where it seemed the entire inner city was consistently gorgeous) and Monday's are never a good way to see a new city as most of the museums and galleries are shut. And given that fashion is neither my strong suit nor remotely interesting to me, I won't be too upset to move on.






At least the coffees were excellent (and cheap!), it had been a few weeks since I've had a great cappuchino so that was a welcome relief.

More photos here